Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Blues: Silver Unicorn

Hey everyone!
Всем привет!

This week's installment of Monday Blues features China Glaze First Mate, a classic navy blue creme that was among the first polishes I ordered when I started my nail polish collection, and I only got around to wear it now, what a shame! Formula was fine overall. It's quite fast-drying, which means you don't have much time to perfect your cuticle line without letting patches appear. They're easily masked away with the second coat, though. It's also a bit thin (which doesn't mean unpigmented), so you risk flooding your cuticles if you, like me, choose to leave as few space between your polish surface and your cutes, and you are sometimes prone to making careless moves. Nothing that a drop of remover and a brush cannot fix. The result is, though, smooth and glossy surface, so those of you ladies, who prefer their mani without top coat, are going to love it. I, on the other hand, can't live without my fast dry top coats, plus I had some nail art ahead of me, so I added a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri fast dry top coat. Then I took Zoya Trixie and used it to stamp on various images from the Nailz Craze NC02 "Magical" Stamping Plate, waited for the prints to dry and finish everything off with another coat of the SH top coat.
Синий маникюр этой недели представлен лаком China Glaze First Mate, классическим темно-синим кремом, который был заказан одним из первых, когда я только начинала свои похождения лакоманьяка, то есть уже больше года назад, а добралась до него только сейчас! Консистенция довольно приятная в целом. Лак довольно быстро сохнет, то есть долго выводить полукруг у кутикулы не позволяет - чревато плешами, которые, впрочем, идеально маскируются вторым слоем лака. First Mate также имеет тенденцию слегка затекать под кутикулу, если вы, как я, стараетесь минимизировать расстояние между ней и покрытием. Но ничего криминального,с чем бы не справилась капля жидкости для снятия лака и кисточка. Зато результатом является ровное и очень блестящее покрытие, так что любительницы носить лаки без топа этот "чайник" оценят. Я без топа не живу, да и впереди был нейл-арт, так что сверху был нанесен слой топа-сушки Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. После этого я взяла Zoya Trixie и использовала ее в качестве лака для стемпинга изображений с диска Nailz Craze NC02 "Magical". Дождавшись полного высыхания нанесенных отпечатков, я закрепила маникюр еще одним слоем топа.






4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Mate is my favorite polish of all time so how could I not love these nails! It was one of the first polishes I ever ordered for me too. If I remember correctly it was one of the first 3 I ordered from the US and that's what started my China Glaze obsession. After that I used it so many times. It's a shame that you neglected this for so long but I'm glad you finally gave it a try. It goes great with silver and that unicorn image is to die for. Awesome stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Как же круто вышло!! оч эффектно..))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great color combo and the patterns are perfection, especially the ring finger

    ReplyDelete