Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fridails: Inspired By Movie. The Hunger Games

This Fridails our task was to get inspired by movies. Suddenly for myself, this initially left me out of ideas, so I resorted for help to my Fridails girls. Discussing possible inspirations with me, it hit me: The Hunger Games. Apart from being one of my most favorite films/books, it is one epitome of astonishing designs, photography and special effects (actually I'm watching Catching Fire as I'm writing this post, and I already have, like, 5 possible nail art ideas. I should start writing them down so that I won't forget them). 
В этот раз нашим заданием в рамках Fridails стал маникюр по мотивам фильма. Неожиданно для самой себя, изначально в голове у меня совсем не было идей, так что я воззвала о помощи в нашем с девочками общем чате. В процессе общения на тему возможных источников вдохновения меня осенило: Голодные Игры. Даром что я обожаю и книги, и фильмы, Голодные игры - просто образчик сумасшедших дизайнов, съемок и спецэффектов (параллельно с написанием поста я смотрела ГИ: И Вспыхнет пламя, и у меня уже штук 5 других идей. Пора записывать, а то забуду же...). 





This nail art, in particular, was inspired by Katniss' and Peeta's tribute parade burning coil costumes from the first movie. 
В частности, этот дизайн - мое видение костюмов Кэтнисс и Питы для парада трибутов в первом фильме. 


I began with 2 coats of The Hungry Asian Tamala, a black jelly, then applied 1 coat of The Hungry Asian Jinx to emulate sparkles, which is, quoting THA Etsy page, "orange, red, gold, yellow and copper glitters of various sizes in a black jelly base". For the tounges of flame (inspired by waterfall mani by TheNailasaurus) I used Zoya Ziv (gold), China Glaze Harvest Moon (copper), and Just Ingrid 354 (red) and a fine nail art brush. A coat of top coat, and the look was finished.
Сначала я нанесла 2 слоя черного желе The Hungry Asian Tamala, затем - слой The Hungry Asian Jinx, чтобы сымитировать искры. Языки пламени же призваны изображать тонкие полоски, нарисованные от руки кистью для нейл-арта, золотого Zoya Ziv, медного China Glaze Harvest Moon и красного Just Ingrid 354. Как всегда, маникюр я закрепила слоем топа. 





I loved the finished nail art and how it looked on my nails! I received a surprising amount of compliments on them (everyone's sort of got used to the fact that my manicure rarely looks 'normal'))), and, what is more important to me, these nails really make me think of The Hunger Games when I look at the photos.
Результатом я осталась очень довольна. Этот маникюр собрал неожиданно большое количество комплиментов (хотя окружающие уже привыкли, что ногти у меня, как правило, не такие, как у "нормальных людей"))) и, что более важно для меня, у меня он сразу вызывает ассоциацию именно с Голодными Играми. 

As usual, remember to check out Alena's blog, The Polishing Life, and Maria's So Marvellous (currently not participating due to her studies) for their Fridails manicures! 
Ну и, как всегда, приглашаю в блоги Алены The Polishing Life и Маши So Marvellous (в данный момент не участвует из-за учебы) полюбоваться на их маникюры! 

1 comment:

  1. нравится-нравится, прям ооочень!

    ReplyDelete